I have owned my own home since I was 19. We have bought 4 homes and sold 3. Our last home we bought we actually built new construction in 2002 and said “THATS IT – LAST MOVE!”
My “demographic” is that I am an “almost” empty nester now at the age of 44 (one child out and one to go!) Our current home is a little over 2600 square feet interior and was a little small when we had two high school children but glad we stayed because it is the perfect size for us now. Well we were forced to stay actually because of the values tanking from 2007-2012 in the Las Vegas real estate market. Otherwise, we may have moved.
Needless to say we have learned through the hardship of that economy that this IS our dream home! I am first going to tell you what I have that I would keep and then tell you would I would add if I could!
Here is what I have in my home that I would not change if I built a new Las Vegas Dream Home:
- Balcony with city, mountain and park views. We currently have sweeping views of city lights and Red Rock Canyon. Our newest “view” is a park view. It is Summerlin‘s newest park called “Community Park” built next to Wet n Wild public park.
- Oversized Owner’s suite with a 5 point bathroom.
- Open kitchen with large island. I love to cook so the island is essential for cooking prep! I do not like granite countertops and we recently remodeled with mosaic tile countertops, dark cabinets and contemporary finishes.
- Open living area with mancave. We LOVE to entertain so our open circular living room, family room, dining room and kitchen is perfect for my husband to entertain guests and play pool and for me to prep, cook and entertain all at once!
- Pool & lush landscaping in backyard. We have a cabana area with daybed, queen palms, med palms, pigmy palms, sago palms and a windmill palm (although I think this one bit the dust – BOO.) This is my area where I relax after a long day of work and my area I am proud to entertain in!
- 3 Car garage
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Baths
Now what could I change or add to make this my dream home? Here’s my list right here:
- Third story office that would give us Las Vegas strip views.
- RV parking for our pop up camper. Preferably a garage. Looking to the future we will be “upsizing” the RV in a couple of years.
- Larger laundry room. Right now I have what I would call a “laundry closet”.
- A window wall that would bring the “indoors outside” because it is nice here in Las Vegas 6-8 months a year!
- Photovoltaic shingles to cut down energy costs. With as much sun that we get, I don’t understand why builders don’t build with these standard here.
- Automatic exterior security rolling shutters. This would be mostly to block sun from coming in at the hottest point of the day.
- A larger lot. Anything over 9000 SF is fabulous to me. Lots of homes here are built on small lots. Ours is 4800 SF.
- Elevator. We have a 2 story house and I plan to stay here until the kids put me away. I am just thinking of the future
Now that I have told you what is in my dream home, tell me what is in yours? Call 702-966-2494 and press option 3 to speak to one of our new homes specialists today! Both Miranda and Bert on my team are former new construction home representatives and would love to guide you through the process of building a new Summerlin home with their expertise! If you are just window shopping you can also search new homes in Las Vegas right here!